HOLIDAY FOOD BASKETS
In 2007 we moved 15 tons of nonperishable food, plus vouchers for perishables. We distributed this to 1325 people in 328 families. Because of the logistics involved with bypass construction going on in the Community center’s parking lot, in 2008 we decided to distribute food vouchers instead of bulky food boxes.
We provide shoes and one new school outfit for needy children in Wickenburg, Morristown, Wittmann, Aguila, and Congress. This project is funded by grants from foundations and contributions from local residents.
We provide thousands of dollars each year for emergency assistance to qualified individuals through the CAP Office: money for rent, utilities, prescriptions, fuel, etc. We provide a monthly stipend to help the food bank and to the Saguaro Janes, who run the food bank in Wittmann.
OTHER PROJECTS WE HAVE ASSISTED WITH FUNDS
- Wings of Grace scholarships, horseback lessons for handicapped children
- Scholarships for a pregnancy counseling class
- Ignite Youth Group socializing event
- Saguaro Janes kitchen vent, loading dock door, heat pump
- Scholarships and craft supplies for R&R Respite clients
- Supplies for the library started by the Morristown General Federated Womens Club
- Cameras for the Library in Aguila to help students with their communication skills
- Ducks in a Row air hockey game
- Headstart Christmas party
- ResponseLink client subsidies
- Gas money and grantwriting support for dialysis patients’ transport van
- Wickenburg Fire Department weekend food program for students
- Joan Randall Seybold Memorial Scholarships for human services students
- Flash freezer for the CAP food bank